Solutions for a better food donation system in Croatia
Since Croatia is still on it's way when it comes to learning from good practices of other countries in the area of food donations, great amount of education is needed for all stakeholders:
1. Consistant education of donors when it comes to different incentives.
2. Education of companies about the importance of donating and corporate philantrophy: Companies require much more information when it comes to the link between donating food, national and EU grants and connecting with the community.
3. Education of consumers about the consequences of wasted food and statements as "use by”.
4. Greater Govrernment and ministries engagement.
5. Legal framework that will perform pressure on companies that continue to waste food.
You can learn more about this topic here.
If you have suggestions for the consortium which measures should also be taken into account, please write to us at email@example.com.
Author: The Croatian Institute for CSR